- I was in a car accident in November ( Black Friday, not exactly sure of the date) 2002. I went to Superior, Wisconsin to visit my family for Thanksgiving. I was returning to Minneapolis to complete the final semester of college and ran into a tree. That is what I was told, as I have no memory of this at all.
- I was extracted from the vehicle with the Jaws of Life and taken to the closest hospital, where I was airlifted to Essentia Health/St. Mary’s hospital in Duluth, Minnesota
- I had a craniotomy performed by Dr. Donnoly (he is now retired).
- I was placed in a medically-induced coma for almost a month following the procedure.
- I was placed into an inpatient therapy program at Essentia Health’s Polinsky Rehabilitation Program. I was in a wheelchair as I relearned how to walk with physical therapy. In addition to physical therapy, I…
View original post 415 more words